(Unofficial) Single City Avatar Lore V2

Discussion in 'Other Single City Discussion' started by Cats, Dec 15, 2022.

1. HELLO AND WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER RANT ABOUT MY FAKE LORE IN REGARDS TO THE AVATARS OF OUR BELOVED GAME — SINGLE CITY.

Now, if you didn’t see the first rant, or have completely forgotten the insanity, here’s a link;

https://forums.playsinglecity.com/threads/unofficial-single-city-avatar-lore.72/#post-430

Go read that to get a glimpse of what you’re bound to get in this one. You’ll need to know some information from my first post to understand some things in this one, as a heads up.

Now, I’ll admit, I did miss one avatar from the first rant. It’s a DJ, it was only given to beta players, it looks cuddly, and probably won’t rip your face off…

K-Bear.

You heard it right. I forgot about the damn DJ bear. Well, unlucky for you, dear reader, I had remembered about our lovely little mascot and decided to throw him (or her, who knows what’s under that suit) in with the next round of avatars if they ever came out — which, clearly, more have come out if you’re reading this. Or maybe I threw this out there as an unfinished piece because ATA won’t give me more avatars to warp with my crazed lore rants – which they should totally give me my own lore role within the official discord, which by the WAY, if you aren’t in there then what are you doing with your life? Missing all kinds of drama. Anyway, nobody will know what happens until I post this. Unfinished or packed with more avatar lore? Who knows. Only you will once you lose some brain cells reading this until the end.

Now, honestly, I don’t have many ideas for K-Bear that weren’t stolen already – I’m looking at you, ATA. It’s a mascot. It has its own completely canon lore that is already a bit… unsettling, even before I decide to get my grubby little paws all over it.

For those of you who don’t like to read lore in the game, just like myself, and have decided to take MY look on the avatar lore as canon, here is what K-Bear’s official lore is as we know it;

[​IMG]

Now, this is the snip of lore that comes with every roomie — and YES, K-Bear also comes as a roomie, assuming you little gremlins know what that is — so perhaps it may not be accurate to the avatar itself. SO I’M GONNA THROW SOME GASOLINE INTO THE DUMPSTER FIRE THAT IS K-BEAR.

Now….. Here is what I think.

K-Bear; As a rare branch of ‘Disco Citizens’, these ‘Bear Citizens’ are endangered within their cities and are severely affected by the city’s effects. With less than 8,000~ of them remaining, they, like many citizens of Single City, were once normal citizens. Being amongst the first to arrive in the city, they are small in numbers, preferring to hide away from the majority of the citizens as each city grows larger in size with the influx of unknowing citizens. They prefer the company of the ‘disco citizens’, as they too give off a strange UV glow that the bears find comfort in. ‘Bear citizens’ are crafty, hunting down pesky bugs amongst the city’s backallies and solving puzzles they find while laughing at — and sometimes helping — the newer citizens. No one knows if they are truly a bear, or just something else stuffed inside of a suit. Their fur is a bit unnatural, just enough to set off red flags for anyone who dared brush up against them when they are partying at the club. They act as the city’s hidden task force, working in the shadows to keep the city safe – or to raise chaos just for the fun of it. There is also a variant of the ‘bear citizens’ nicknamed the ‘Cool Bears’ that appear more confident, acting as the front task force within the city. They don’t have the typical UV glow that the regular ‘bear citizens’ share with the ‘disco’ citizens, allowing them to blend in during the day without immediately exposing themselves to whatever they are hunting. These ‘Cool Bears’ are more aggressive in nature than their ‘Disco Bears’ counterparts, and are only slightly more common. They are smug, acting on impulse rather than being held back by the innocence of their counterparts.

Cool K-Bear v K-Bear

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Next on our list, Gigi. Someone we all thought to be the leader of our tutorials, the giver of story missions, the lesbian pairing to our homeless roomate Sofie. She’s a stand-up gal, with wavy pink hair that looks like it’s made of plastic because of how little it moves. See, Gigi was the founder of Single City. There’s a body double of her in each city, acting as silent overseers within each home. Gigi is the face of the city, the giver of advice, the one who might end up cheating on Sofie with Evelyn. There’s nothing special about her, at first glance. You’d never suspect her to be the demon in your fantasy. Gigi herself is actually the oldest of a set of triplets, all of whom run Single City in vastly different ways. Branching off from the friendly Gigi you first meet upon moving into Single City, you get ‘Cool’ Gigi and ‘Super Cool’ Gigi. The two look exactly like the regular Gigi, but with noticeable differences in dress. Both wear sunglasses, and dress in darker clothing then the regular Gigi. ‘Super Cool’ Gigi takes it a step further, adding headphones to her outfit and wearing polarized sunglasses. ‘Cool’ Gigi is your typical middle child; often ignored and overshadowed by her sisters, retreating to the depths of Single City to work on unknown projects. ‘Super Cool’ Gigi is the youngest of the three, but only by five minutes. ‘Super Cool’ Gigi is more laid back, having no interest in running the cities unlike her older siblings. Due to her laid back nature, she is often found in the NightLife district at the clubs, partying along with K-Bears and Disco citizens alike while avoiding her responsibilities bared onto her by the oldest Gigi.

Cool Gigi v Super Cool Gigi
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last on our list, this time around, is the Holiday Crew. This is a group of three different citizens that suddenly appeared within Single City during December, as snow covered the ground around our beloved homes. The ringleader of the Holiday Crew is a reindeer who looks a little too cheeky for its own good. Coming up as the middleman, we have a gingerbread person that looks like it’s on one too many spices. Considering it has a bite taken out of its head, that wouldn’t be surprising. Lastly, taking up the rear of the Holiday Crew, we have Single City’s version of Frosty the snowman. The whole crew looks like they have a couple screws loose, but hey, wouldn’t you be missing a couple bolts as well, if you looked like you were taken out of a child’s cartoon show and shoved into some weird city that’s quickly looking like it’s a science experiment going wrong? Clearly, the Holiday Crew has no idea how it came to be, but each and every one of them look like they are happy to be a part of something regardless. The three of them patrol around the city, avoiding the rest of the citizens for the most part. Some suspect that they are a little shy, but others say they are dangerous. I mean, why else would something THAT cute be in such a place??

Reindeer v Snowman v Gingerbread Person

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

As a general note, there’s also Anita – my future love interest and one of the best drag queens in Single City – but she’s beautiful as she is. Maybe a little on the gluttonous side with all the pizza she consumes, but our beloved drag queen has nothing strange about her. Nothing at all. Totally not a sinner or anything.

[​IMG]

And that’s it for the second round of avatar lore!! I have a bunch of other projects in the works for Single City, and I hope that this was well worth the wait!

WhoisFroggy likes this.